About This Project
Genesys provides to their customers, a complete and efficient contact center solution for voice based and non-voice based customer service interactions. Fleek QA team is engaged with Genesys and works as their in-house QA team for their Social Engagement platform project. We deal with manual and automation testing for their web apps, desktops apps, APIs along with load testing for various social media connectors.
Genesys Social Engagement is the latest extension of the range of media that Genesys eServices can process. The extended system monitors a social media platform (Facebook, twitter and apple business chat), gathers items e.g public messages, private messages, tweets and direct messages according to configured profile of the customer, and converts them into the interactions to be delivered to agents at contact center.
- Ownership of weekly cloud releases
- Ownership of quarterly releases for all on-premise components
- Managing hotfix releases
- Log analysis and reproduction of customer issues according to different component versions
- Cross components versions compatibility testing (backward and forward compatibility)
- On-premise components compatibility testing with different operating system including windows 32/64 bit, Linux, AIX, centOS and Solaris operating systems
- Regression testing during releases and as per the schedules
- Integration testing of multiple on-premise components and integration with Facebook, Twitter and Apple
- Creating/executing/scheduling the automation test scripts to validate the regression test suites for on-premise components and web apps.
- Managing various test environments viz. test, dev, staging, pre-prod and more.
- Handling various projects and their releases at a time within Genesys, like on-premise components project, cloud components project, web apps project and more.
- Creating/Managing test cases and test suites for all embedded projects within Genesys.
Every project has its own challenges and we always welcome every challenge because it helps us in building our strength and make us better. Here are few challenges that we dealt with:
- Coordinating with globally distributed teams from different time-zones across Europe, America and Asia.
- Implementing and maintaining functional automation test and automated integration test with facebook and twitter.
- Most of the on-premise components are desktop application. Biggest challenge was to identify an open source reliable automation tool & framework which can deliver the desired results. After doing multiple POC and evaluations, we have successfully implemented automation using Robot framework, Sikuli and Jython.
- Facebook does not allow automated tests to be executed on their portal and their intelligent spybots could catch automated test scripts instantly resulting in blocked accounts. We overcame this challenge by firing up our own facebook mock which could generate fake facebook interactions and helped us testing our system.
- Having very little knowledge about the system architecture initially and lack of proper documentation, we faced a challenge to understand and test the tasks properly. But we managed to work this out with our dedication and analytical abilities.
- Managing client issues and their testing which included at least 10 different versions of different desktop application components along with backward compatibility tests for all component versions.
Tools and Technology used
We have used following tools and technologies in this engagement so far, which we already expertise in:
- JIRA – For defect and requirement management
- Zypher – Test planning and test case management
- Jenkins – Continuous integration and pipeline management
- Protractor – Web portal apps automation (E2E)
- Sikuli, Robot Framework, Jython – Desktop based apps automation (E2E)
- PyCharm – IDE for automation project code management
- Postman – API testing
- GitHub, Mercurial Hg – For code repository management
- Facebook Graph API – For managing facebook related activities
- Twitter Rest API – For managing twitter related activities